Group Discussions

Are you affected by what's happening on Wall Street?

Subscribe
  • Are you wondering about how the bail-out will affect you (or your kids) down the road, or is what's going on right now in the stock market affecting you directly?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 23rd September 2008
  • I don't know whats going to happen. I'm worried and trying not to think about, though, I can tell you that much. I wonder what kind of world I brought my child into. I might need a career change, too!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by oceans mom on 23rd September 2008
  • We have no control over the market and the bail out. This will affect mostly the people who made a poor decision to buy a home that wasn't right for them in the first place. We will help them, when they should learn from their error. Secondly, this will affect the people who have a lot of money tied up in all this stuff. That's why they are all concerned to get the market back, so their stocks will be ok!

What we need to do is be in control of our own destiny, not let a company have us and all that we have (time). We need to constantly improve, educate, use proven home business models and so on. 72% of the US pop has considered a home biz, because of the control factor...

We are stong, smart, and resourceful. Worry only drags us down, plus what's the worst that can happen?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Francesca on Friday
  • This is unlikely to affect my personal finances. However, my business is in a niche market involving tax-incentived bank investments in areas of high distress. Between bank mergers / acquisitions / failures and changing lending criteria, of course this is going to get interesting. But we run a very tight ship and could get by if the going got rough. Perhaps we will find ways to see this "problem" as an "opportunity." My motto: necessity is the mother of invention. It hasn't failed me yet.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by SKL on Saturday
  • SKL, you just made me see everything in a different light. You are so right! Necessity is the mother of invention! I have to remember that one! This is not only the end of an era, but the beginning of a new one and who is to say that the new one will be bad? All transitions are difficult! Thanks, SKL.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by oceans mom on 10th October 2008

Add a Reply