Group Discussions

I can't believe my neighbor did that!

Subscribe
  • My next-door neighbor bought the exact same car. I have had a 2008 GMC Acadia, pearl white for a year now, and they went out and bought one last week. We aren't friends or anything, but this irritates me. How about silver, or champagne? Or perhaps the Buick or Saturn version? I would guess they bought something year-end, off the lot and you get what you get, but it's bad enough driving a soccer mom vehicle without everyone in the 'hood owning the exact same one!

This is the 2nd time this has happened. . .in college my BFF bought a PURPLE chevy cavelier a few months after I bought a PURPLE pontiac sunfire. Come on! I guess I have superb taste. . .
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by allyson on 9th October 2008
  • Haha, While this may be supremely irritating, at least they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. This weekend I went to a wedding and the bride danced to the same (very unique) song that I danced with my dad to at my wedding. I was really surprised when I heard it, but I was really glad that it had meant enough to her to choose it too. I guess it's all how you look at it. Take care!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 13th October 2008
  • just consider this though, imitation is the biggest form of flattery. Take it as a compliment, she thinks you make good choices and wants to emulate them!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by coolchick332 on 13th October 2008
  • You know, they may not have even realized it was an exact copy until they got it home. There could have been a limited choice of colors, or they could have subconsciously picked that color without realizing why they liked it.

Of course, if they have young kids, you could give them a copy of Robert Munsch's book "Stephanie's Ponytail." :)

(short synopsis: Stephanie wears a ponytail on the top of her head to school. Whole class calls it ugly, but wears the exact same thing the next day. Repeat with various ponytail styles until Stephanie announces one day she plans to come with a shaved head the next day. The next day the whole school sports a shaved head...except Stephanie.)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jenns on 15th October 2008

Add a Reply