Group Discussions

What do you wish you'd done differently in your 20s?

Subscribe
  • A friend of mine is turning 30 and is full of shoulda done this and woulda been better if I'd done this thoughts. So it got me thinking -- if you're 30+, are there things you wish you'd done differently in your 20s?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 4th November 2008
  • No! I had so much fun in my 20's! I had fun in college, did some amazing backpacking thru Europe, found a great-paying job (not necessarily a fun job -- but I was into money at the time :) which allowed more travelling across the US!! Lots of fun memories that bring tons of smiles!!

My 30's were a little harder as we settled down and had kiddies...4 of them!! ...but I wouldn't change much about my 30's either (to date, anyway!) -- still great experiences and awesome memories!!

Now I am starting to think and look forward to what I can achieve in my 40's!!!!!!!!!!

Never look back -- its done and you wouldn't be who you are unless you did the things you did!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Linda on 4th November 2008
  • I often wish I had changed a few things, decisions I made, relationships, career, etc but I know All those things, good and bad brought me to where I am today, & there is not one thing I would change about my life right now, I have the perfect family, husband, baby & am so glad I waited for the right man to have children with, Having my 1st Baby at almost 40 was perfect! Life is Great! Thanks for remindiing me of that!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Shabby Lane Shops on 4th November 2008
  • I would have appreciated myself and my life more! I owned my own home, was financially independent, had a killer bod -- and had no idea of how good I had it!

That said, my life now is pretty great, too... :)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 13th November 2008
  • Had more fun! I was very insecure and shy. I rarely went out and was afraid of everyone. I wish I just did what I wanted.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by ramseyquipp on 13th November 2008
  • I wish when I was younger- I had forethought to see I would not be able to see my family very often moving over two thousand miles away from home. All because my husband thought their be better jobs here. I can never get back the time I wish I had spend with my Mom or my children being able to really know their Grandparents or Aunts, Uncles and cousins. I had never thought about my Mom dying -my grandmother was still here. My Mom passed at age 69 and her Mother -age over age 90. If I could go back and have just one more day-I'd take it in a heartbeat.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by eileen b on 13th November 2008

Add a Reply