Group Discussions

Website Idea feedback

Subscribe
  • I wanted to start a thread and get feedback from you ladies on a website that I am starting. In this crazy economy, how many of you would want to join a website that would allow you to add your professional profile and work from home in different areas such as, virtual admin assistants, writers, bookkeeping, website design/maintenance, and with the tax season coming up, support for CPAs is crucial right now as well.. And how many of you who already own your own business would find a website that supplies a database of working moms from home, listing their skills, beneficial to your company if you ever needed an extra hand for various projects?? I know there are already sites like this out there, but most charge membership fees to join. I know, as a work at home mom, when looking for jobs, I didn't have extra income to be giving out to join those websites and not even know if I'd get chosen for a job that I made bids on etc. I'd like to offer moms to join the website WITHOUT the membership fees, etc. I'd appreciate any feedback from you all. any information you can supply will go into my business plan. Thanks in advance!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by IndPro on 15th November 2008
  • I wanted to start a thread and get feedback from you ladies on a website that I am starting. In this crazy economy, how many of you would want to join a website that would allow you to add your professional profile and work from home in different areas such as, virtual admin assistants, writers, bookkeeping, website design/maintenance, and with the tax season coming up, support for CPAs is crucial right now as well.. And how many of you who already own your own business would find a website that supplies a database of working moms from home, listing their skills, beneficial to your company if you ever needed an extra hand for various projects?? I know there are already sites like this out there, but most charge membership fees to join. I know, as a work at home mom, when looking for jobs, I didn't have extra income to be giving out to join those websites and not even know if I'd get chosen for a job that I made bids on etc. I'd like to offer moms to join the website WITHOUT the membership fees, etc. I'd appreciate any feedback from you all. any information you can supply will go into my business plan. Thanks in advance!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by IndPro on 15th November 2008
  • I like the idea. But I agree its hard to get started. Getting the word out with getting SPAMMED to death is tough. I would try local Yahoo Groups to see if you can post something that could be accessed by all members.

I think there are a number of professional moms that would love the opportunity to work a few hours a week from home.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Leisa_S on 20th November 2008
  • I think that is a great idea, there are many ways, email marketing, mailing list, flyers, community chat groups such as this, word of mouth, google ad words and similiar search engines.... endless ways of spreading the word, great service always speaks for itself, in addition there are strictly advertising websites, I am a part of one and I am starting another site, just for affiliate advertising, I would love to help with any suggestions or information I can share with you

my site is www.shop247couture.com, .... i have a page called 247 links, its just for ads for small businesses

or you can feel free to email me 247couture@gmail.com
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Shop247 on 7th April 2010

Add a Reply