Group Discussions

Do you use coupons?

Subscribe
  • I recently decided to start couponing. I went online and did alot of research while stockpiling my coupons for a couple of weeks. I save all coupons. I never know if I can trade coupons for what I need from someone or if I might try a product i dont normally buy just because it is cheaper w/coupon. (I just got a loaf of name brand bread that I dont normally buy because it is so expensive for only .50 and i was glad i kept the coupon.) I try to match my coupons up with the sales (there are so many websites that will actually list all products in the ad and match the coupons up for you for free) and with what store gives me more for each coupon. For example, my area has four of the same grocery stores. I called each one and they all have different coupon policies. My favorite triples up to .50 so i combine that with the ads they have and get alot of stuff for cheap. Another thing I learned is that Walmart matches all prices and takes coupons (sadly they do not double). All you have to do is show the ad at the checkout. I just made my first big shopping trip and got $117 worth of groceries for $57. It is all stuff we use, mixed with store brands and name brands. The last thing I have learned from the many websites I looked at is to stockpile things like tp/cereal... when they are super cheap. Who cares if you dont need Cheerios right now if they are only 16 cents, but alot so taht when you need them they will be there and you dont have to pay full price.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Tisa on 31st January 2009
  • Wow, there are some incredibly good sites listed here, thank you. I didn't see, or maybe just missed, my two favorites http://www.restaurant.com and http://www.couponandcodes.com. Restaurant.com has wonderful deals and couponandcodes.com seems to find anything I search for. Anyhow, thanks again. - Tom http://www.acleaningbid.com
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by T. Anthony on 25th June 2009
  • I use coupons for a family of 5. I plan meals & do once a month cooking. I put together a website that has links to a bunch of manufacturer's websites with coupons. www.treasurygarden.com. On the left side there is a coupon link. I post recipes on there as well.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Tammy on 30th June 2009
  • I found another site I think you guys will like. It's about vitamins and herbal stuff:
    The Vitamin Shopper http://www.vitaminshopperandherbalworldmedicines.com
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by T. Anthony on 16th July 2009
  • How do you find all of the coupons/ discounts? I have never used coupons.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by joey on Friday
  • I use coupons and I use the system set up at couponmom.com which helps you match the sales for the week to coupons. By saving your coupons and using them when an item is on sale you can get it for very cheap, sometimes free. By doing this I cut our grocery budget in half. If you can get coupons from neighbors or family like I do and have multiple copies then I stockpile and buy lots of the item when it is cheap so you don't have to buy it again until it goes on sale again.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Telecommuting Mom on 10th December 2010
  • I've used coupons for a very long time. Yep I'm a bit obsessed. First I plan our meals for 2-3 weeks and then will search the circulars online for the shops I usually frequent. I will plan my route and clip coupons accordingly. I love using my coupons when the buy1 get 1 offers arise as well.

My kids have also gotten into the routine of clipping coupons with me. It tends to be an all day affair, clipping and organizing in my coupon binder but it's worth it in the long run:)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Dr.Mommy on 1st January 2011
  • I use coupons whenever I can, for food, clothes, restaurants, etc. There are great sites with tons of coupons and I think...Why pay more when you can have it for less?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Veg Mom on 2nd March 2011
  • ready for manifest financial abundance for your family?

Manifest Your Heart's Desire
    Rosie Manifest Coach
    Affordable coaching

first session free. sliding scale $35-40
    30-45 min. phone sessions

520-250-0567
    roseshuy@yahoo.com
    Reported. Posted by rose on 6th March 2011
  • I use coupons on occasion, when my MIL drops off her extras and I see something I can use. I mostly look for coupons for things that I consider luxuries, like makeup and hair coloring!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by SandysConnected on 14th March 2011

Add a Reply