Group Discussions

The Balancing Act

Subscribe
  • Hi All,

I was wondering how you balance work and family. I'm a single mom with 2 kids, I have a job outside the home, plus a home based business. I do try my best to work around their schedules but there are times when I simply have business to attend to. My business is http://www.motivatedmomz.com

I sometimes feel guilty because I'm trying to provide financially, but it does take away a bit of time from my kids.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Thank you so much!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mcuebe on 14th March 2009
  • I find a balance by setting goals for myself. I also keep things flexible. I may not always get to my daily goals. The kids come first, but I have learned over the years that sometimes it is ok to work on my business and let the kids play on their own. If the kids are getting really grouchy, I know it is time to pay attention to them; otherwise, if they are fine, then I know I shouldn't feel guilty getting something done.

There will never be enough time to do everything I want, but it all comes down to our own expectations of what is a perfect life. I have learned to lower my expectations in certain areas and how to meet the demands of other areas.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kimberly Reddington on 11th May 2009

Add a Reply