Group Discussions

What Is Happening?

Subscribe
  • OK, my husband and I have been married for 24 1/2 years and have had our ups and downs. For the past 3 years things have been really, really good and I thought we were on an easy path. A week ago today we went to Philadelphia to celebrate his Dad's 80th BD. Most of the people attending were his relatives who I have not seen since 2001 and only saw sporadically before then. Anyway, at the party, my husband went around talking to everyone and having a great time. Meanwhile, I sat at the table with my brother-in-law and kids. On our way home my husband made a comment about the great time he had - I, who by now, was angry at having been left alone, responded with the sarcastic remark - that I wouldn't know having been left at the children's table. This remark angered my husband and he is now telling me that it was also the last straw in our relationship and he wants to move on. Only problem here, my Mom and niece, who has cystic fibrosis, also live with us and with the housing market in the dumps - we couldn't sell our house if we wanted to. He also states that although he feels nothing for me - he does not hate me and regrets feeling this way. He also wants to still be my friend and try and help me through this - WHAT? I am insane with emotions right now, I am also trying to figure out what I can change to make him want me back (WRONG - I KNOW). I need some support and my best friend's husband is dying of cancer right now and I can't even turn to her! I need help and support ladies and a place to vent! Thanks for reading this - I know it sounds like a soap opera and I do not like drama - honestly, I rarely share my personal life with people unless it's positive!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by BuddyCat on 10th May 2009

Add a Reply