Group Discussions

How do I stop feeling so guilty?

Subscribe
  • I'm sure this is a topic near and dear to many of us. I really need to find some time to myself, but I feel immensely guilty even sneaking away to just read! I work out of the house while the kids are at school, and I work from home when they're not. So I feel like I'm hardly with them, but I get so overloaded that I just want to flee sometimes!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by jengray on Wednesday
  • I get it as a busy mom it is so important to find to me time in order to be a good mom and business owner.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by JennaC2010 on 5th March 2011
  • I've recently been dealing with guilt and I don't really have an answer. My husband stays at home with our 10month old daughter and our 5 yr old son when he isn't in school, and I work at a public accounting firm. When I get home, I want some "me" time to just watch tv shows or read, but I also know my husband has been taking care of the kids all day and needs a breather. I completely understand why typical households 50 years ago had the working dad was hardly involved in the kids life.. never cooking dinner and spending evenings reading or watching the tv while the mom took care of everything morning noon and night. So am I just being selfish? Should I spend all my time away from work serving my family? One way or the other, I feel like one parent will never get a break. Balance is so difficult.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Fourdaystil on 1st June 2014
  • I am overwhelmed with this guilt. I am about to start a full time job, now my children are older 8 and 12 but this will be the first time that I have had a 9-5 job since my oldest was little and I am having such a hard time with it. I feel so guilty its literally eating away at me. everyone assures me that it is ok and that this is normal and that my girls will be great, even my girls have said that but still I feel horrible.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Michelle T on 29th September 2014

Add a Reply