Group Discussions

So worried about leaving 3 month old

Subscribe
  • I have to go back to work in 2 weeks and leave my 3 month old daughter in daycare. I find myself crying a lot as I am so sad and worried. Has anyone had experience leaving a 3 month old in daycare?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Glaubfish on 13th April 2011
  • i started my 11 week old in daycare yesterday and its the hardest thing I ever did. I know they let her cry but only for a little bit but it makes me so very sad. Everyone tells me it takes a few week sfor them to adjust but i just wan tot take her out but I love my job and I really want to work. Dont' know what I should do. I guess am in the same boat as yours.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Amina on 14th November 2012
  • It is so tough. My oldest son who is 9 went into daycare at 8 weeks... with a friend. I nursed him and he wouldn't take the bottle all day, maybe one ounce. We worked our way through it but I felt awful. No matter what, everyone will survive. It's hard to find that balance, and it's great that you love your job. Is there anyway to be able to go to part time in part time home schedule? That's what I did with my second son. By my third son it was two much to handle and I started working exclusively out of my home. I'm not sure if that was much help but you aren't alone :)

Kim King
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim King on 4th December 2012

Add a Reply