You may also like
- Study: Mothers and fathers are spending more time with kids
- Study: Fathers who do more housework and work similar hours to their spouse are happier
- Dads are as stressed as moms about juggling work and family
- Americans think moms today are doing a worse job raising kids
- Motherhood penalty: Working moms fare worse than childless women
According to a new study, a mom is more likely to quit her job if her husband works more than 50 hours a week:
Chai looked at 8,484 professional workers and 17,648 nonprofessional workers from dual-earner families, using data collected by the U.S. Census Bureau. Her analysis shows that overall, having a husband who works 60 hours or more per week increases a woman's odds of quitting by 42 percent. However, for husbands, having a wife who works 60 hours or more per week does not significantly affect a man's odds of quitting.