- My tags:
- writing, psychology, freelance, graduate school
- About me:
- I'm a freelance writer just starting out. I am currently home with my son and this gives me a chance to be intellectually challenged and interact with other adults. But when it's all said and done, I hope to use my graduate degree in Psychology to work with a non-profit developing their programs and/or establish a private practice.
- My interests:
- Volunteering, reading, writing, walking and shopping!
- My website/blog:
- How I de-stress:
- Going on walks with my husband and son, watching movies with my husband, talking with him - he is my absolute rock! I also love reading, writing and taking warm baths to de-stress.
- Adjective to describe me:
- My favorite book:
- Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet.
- My favorite movie:
- There is no one movie that I love.
From United States
Joined 11th July 2008
My Day Snapshot
Sandhya hasn't written a snapshot yet.
My Life To-Do List
Currently on my Life Wish List:
~ Get a PsyD before I turn 35.
~ Open my own non-profit program for adolescent girls.
~ Buy a house with at least 5 acres of land with my husband
~ Write a chick lit book
~ Write a non fiction book about sexual abuse and motherhood
Goals I am working on:
~ Working on my Bachelor's in Psychology, and will graduate in May 2009.
~ Organizing information about graduate schools, so I can apply next year.
~ Working on some freelance writing as a way to earn some money, especially since I love writing!
~ Joining a creative writing group to get out of the house, meet other writers, develop my creative side and challenge myself more, intellectually.
Projects I am working on:
~ Trying to pursue many different writing assignments at once.
~ Trying to do as much work as possible now, before #2 comes along, so that when it's grad school application time I won't be super-stressed.
~ Working with a 9-month-old underfoot!