- My tags:
- author, blogger, engineer
- About me:
- I'm a 31 year old mother and Civil Engineer who is trying to stay sane, have fun and figure things out. I'm a serious computer nerd, a techie and a gadget geek. In 2007, I wrote 400 pages of a book called Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008. In 2008, I will be writing two books: Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009 and Introducing AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009. I blog semi-seriously at www.civil3drocks.com, and quite seriously at www.civil3d.com. I'm constantly torn between work and family. I love my job but at the same time I love cleaning up spilled juice and kissing boo-boos and reading stories. I try to find balance by freelance work, writing technical manuals and limiting my travel, but it never seems to make everyone happy, especially not myself. So I am always trying to find that balance. I'm a touch obsessive-compulsive when it comes to technology, learning and giving my kids the best shot at a meaningful and intellegent life.
- My interests:
- I like using blogs to record random thoughts, little moments and ponderings with the hopes I might be able to construct some kind of family story once I get some stinkin' time to myself. Yeah right. I'm not very crafty, though I can make a pretend telescope out of an empty paper towel roll and a hat out of a paper plate and ribbons at a baby shower. I also like eating cake, hanging upside down from tree branches, playing in sandboxes and going to the Circus.
- My website/blog:
- http://www.civil3drocks.com http://www.babykicks.com/blog
- How I de-stress:
- Jump on my minitrampoline, run over to Ladies Workout Express, go to Starbucks alone, write down some family stories.
- Best advice I've gotten:
- We can have it all, but maybe we can't have it all at once. The kids will be grown before we know it, and there are years and years to be engrossed in career. Also, we've got it made. No matter how difficult this juggle seems, get down on your knees everyday and say thanks because we don't have real problems. War, famine, oppression, plague, those are real problems.
- My favorite book:
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
From Dover, Delaware, United States
Joined 14th April 2008
My Day Snapshot
Dana hasn't written a snapshot yet.
My Life To-Do List
Dana hasn't written a life to-do list yet.