- Number of children:
- Age of children:
- 5 and 2 years old
- Relationship status:
- Parenting advice I follow:
- Always be mindful of what you do and say around your children. They DO pick up most of the things they do and say from you and will repeat or immitate what they learn from you.
- Parenting advice I ignore:
- "Children should be seen, not heard". In my opinion, this is not a good strategy. I have learned that children are "little people" and they deserve your respect, and need to "heard". Talking with my kids helps me understand them, their needs, and certain behaviors. Talking with my kids also helps me build a stronger bond with them. They understand and know more than you think they do.
- Favorite activity with my kids:
- Friday family nights. We order take out, watch movies, and play games.
From Largo, Maryland, United States
Joined 3rd August 2007
My Day Snapshot
Jennell Burke hasn't written a snapshot yet.
My Life To-Do List
Jennell Burke hasn't written a life to-do list yet.