- Reconnect over coffee at a little local shop, or browse the books together at a big book store.
- Go to the movies -- at a real theater, at the drive-in, or at home.
- Take advantage of nearby grandparents, and drop the kids off with them before heading back home for a some grownup time (without worrying about your little pitchers and their big ears!).
- Pack a basket with wine, cheese, and candles and go for a late-night picnic at the beach. Can't get a sitter? Clear the bedroom floor, turn out the lights, and have your picnic right there.
- Go for a late-night drive... and park. Grab a blanket and a telescope and soak up the stars. Weather looking grim? Make the most of it by sitting on the porch or near a window and watching the storm roll in.
- Turn off the TV, get a game or a pack of cards, and play for keeps.
- Dress up and go out -- anywhere. An inexpensive restaurant and free music and dancing at a hotel or casino will feel fancy if you're dressed to the nines.
- Attend a student performance at a local college. Or do what you did when you were their age. (Not that. Go bowling!)
- Baby, it's cold outside... bundle up and go sledding or ice skating together.
- Think about your first date, and recreate it at home.
Time is at a premium for working moms and, for many of us, money is, too. We asked our members to pony up their favorite cheap date ideas and here's a quick roundup of great suggestions!
Find out more: