The Busy Chef group here at Work It, Mom! is brimming with great recipe ideas for dishes that actually work for working moms, and Chris over at Ordering Disorder has plenty of recipes for fast (and kid-friendly) fare. Here's a sampling of what they've been cooking:
- This salmon and whole-wheat pasta was inspired by an Italian cooking show.
- Turkey Pannini with Brie and Toasted Pecans can make a weeknight sandwitch dinner special.
- Whipe up an Indian-style vegetarian dish with ingredients from her cupboards.
- A quick-and-easy Tuscan sausage and white bean soup practically makes itself.
- A light vegetarian gem with a nod to Moosewood): Garlic-Tomato Broth with Cheese Tortellini.
- Break out the slow cooker and make a rotisserie-style chicken that practically falls off the bone.
- Learn how to make individual portions of meat and stuffing easily in a Crock Pot.
- Presto Pesto Pasta with Chicken and Peppers is a crown pleaser, and is infinitely adaptable.
- Make them tiny and they're appetizers; make them big and they're a meal: Chicken Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce.
- Carrots glazed with balsamic vinager is a perfectly elegant (and perfectly easy) last-minute side dish
- Cauliflower Gratin is a great vegetarian entree, or a deliciously cheesy way to get kids to eat their veggies.
- For a quick breakfast or lunchbox treat, try these fantastic cinnamon muffins.
- Need something to warm you up during this long, cold winter? There are several great soup ideas in this Busy Chef discussion thread -- green bean and fennel soup, sweet potato and corn chowder, 16-bean soup, and more.
- Smoked Cheddar-Stuffed Hamburgers are great for the grill.
- Chris has collected several mouth-watering lasagna recipes in the Ordering Disorder blog.
Find out more: